Auto Accidents – Have you been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle accident? Are you a pedestrian who has been hit by a car? Don’t let the insurance companies talk you into anything until you talk to a lawyer. In addition to recovery for your property damage, you may be able to obtain compensation for related medical bills, lost wages, over the counter and out of pocket expenses, and just compensation for your pain and suffering.
- 213,406 traffic accidents were reported in North Carolina in 2012 ( Source: NC Department of Transportation)
- 10,406 persons injured due to 2012 accidents in North Carolina (Source: NC Department of Transportation)
- 1,663 hitandrun accidents reported in 2012 ( Source: AAA of the Carolinas)
- One in eight drivers were uninsured in 2012 ( Source: 2014 study by the Insurance Research Council)
- North Carolina minimum liability limits are $30,000 for bodily injury per person, $60,000 bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 property damages
Injuries to Children – has your minor child (under the age of 18) been injured by someone else? The laws regarding settlements for minors and how fees are held in trust can be complex and confusing. Trust an experienced professional to protect your child’s interests.
Medical Malpractice – Have you been injured by the negligence of a physician or other medical personnel? Recent changes in North Carolina law have made it tougher than ever to file a successful case. Trust evaluation of your case to an attorney who is knowledgeable about all of the new developments in this area of law.
Negligence/Personal Injury – have you been injured and it was someone else’s fault? Negligence cases include auto accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall and premises liability, and wrongful death cases. Talk to Stacey A. Phipps before you settle.
For information regarding health insurance liens:
Traffic Court – Contact Stacey A. Phipps for help with Wake County speeding tickets, failure to yield, citations involving accidents, and DWI first offenses.
Wills – In addition to wills, I can provide power of attorney, healthcare power of attorney, advanced directive and living will documents tailored to suit your needs. Making sure your wishes for your care and the distribution of your assets is followed is important. Don’t risk problems created by do-it-yourself or online forms. Trust Stacey A. Phipps to handle all your legal document drafting needs.
Wrongful Death – If your loved one has passed away and you believe it was the fault of another, contact me to evaluate a potential wrongful death claim. Wrongful death may involve an auto accident, medical malpractice, or slip and fall/premises liability.